Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tribute to my little sis

Yea, I finally took down my Christmas stuff today and it feels good to start new. It makes me want to redecorate the house though. The holidays were nice and the girls got spoiled as usual, but they are grateful.
Some days are like deja vu growing up in a family of 4 sisters and then raising 4 daughters. I am thinking about my little sister today. We were always close growing up, and were always so silly together. We still are. I am proud of her in so many things, graduating college at 21, she beat me- I was 22, a dedicated preschool teacher (this takes patience), a stellar home decorator, marathon runner, mom to 3 spirited little girls! and all the while she still looks like Barbie, well, Carrie Underwood, anyway.
We were always so competitive, and still are, but in a more loving way now. I know she thinks I teased her too much growing up, and so I'm sorry for that. But I hope she knows I love her. I feel so blessed to have 3 sisters and a mom that are literally my best of friends. Since I can be painfully shy at times, it is nice to have that built in support.
I am grateful for the good friends I have and for our families and I am looking forward to being a better me and a better mom and a better wife in 2008!

No comments:

Autumn

Summertime