Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February

We've been doing some really fun things for February, and some were not so fun.

First, sadly, we lost our little Sophie kitty. We only got to have her in our family for 6 months, but she got a lot of love in that time.


The girls saying good-bye.


Sophie's funeral. Yes my girls are in their pajamas. It was Saturday morning. And yes Mayzie dressed herself. Dave made the kitty a wooden coffin and dug in the frozen ground. Our older Telly cat walked up and kissed her goodbye before we had to take her to the vet.

Our girls needed some cheering up so we took them on a fun weekend trip over President's day holiday. Dave had won a free stay at a hotel from his work, by winning a fitness challenge. So we decided to use that. The girls got to swim a few times and they served us a dinner and a breakfast at the hotel. They loved the suite and the oversized jetted tub. It was a nice short getaway.
On the way home we decided to stop and get Alyssa' s ears pierced. She has completed her 5th grade math course at school with flying colors, and also did very well in her 3rd grade spelling bee, so this was her reward. She was super excited and picked pretty blue flower earrings! Very pretty!
We also decided to get all the girls their Easter dresses. These girls love clothes and some even love shopping. I don't know where they get that :)



The next day we got to hang out with our friends the Struhs' and play. The kids made movies and danced and we ate yummy lasagna and these...
http://cjaneinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/02/sugar-cookie-truffles-and-more.html

Then Sunday night we headed up to Kaysville and let the girls sleepover with their cousins. We all went swimming at the Bountiful pool, and I also got to hold and feed baby Khloe, which I liked a lot! I am in love with this little doll and all her soft dark hair. So cute and sweet.


Here are some pictures from our Valentines with the girls. I got to visit each girl's class party and help a little at Bethy's. Later we took them to dinner and had a little dance after. They love dancing with their daddy, especially when he throws them so high in the air. We also had some fun making treats with the neighbors and for the cousins :)

1 comment:

red said...

Sorry about your kitty. I'm glad you guys got to have some fun after that sad day. I bet Lyss is so so excited!

Autumn

Summertime