Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sometimes you need to count your blessings instead of your gripes...

I know its not November, but I felt like doing a thankful list today anyway... just a random one to help me stay in a more positive mood.
Some things I love...
1. Waking up to a sunshine morning, instead of more freezing snow.
2. Listening to my kids sing in the shower. All of them. So cute and so random what songs they come up with, especially if they are singing the wrong words.
3. Cooking with my kids, especially making up new recipes with Aubrie. She is a good cook. Last night we made rocky road chocolate cookies and Andes mint chocolate cookies, both yummy. She wants to try to make up a s'more cookie recipe next.
4. Watching my kids play together, seeing what new game they come up with each time. I love that they use every spare second to fit in some imaginary play.
5. Seeing what outfit Mayzie picks out to wear each morning. She's getting better at her fashion style, but sometimes it's pretty funny. One of her favorite lines is "How do I look? Do I look cute or weird?"
6. Getting so much use out of our dog. The kids use her for a pillow, science projects, exercise, circus tricks, wrestling and tug-of-war, twisting her hair while they suck their thumb, playing vet with the new vet kit, dressing her up for "weddings" or other special made up occasions, and she stands in as "daddy" when daddy is not home, to comfort Mayzie. We know before someone knocks, because Zoey lets out a little warning bark for us. And she basically is just overly loved here.
7. Watching Mayzie at her dance class; the look of pure bliss and self-pride in her eyes is so fun to see.
8. Having no debt. :)
9. Watching my kids perform at their school talent show. Aubrie choreographed a song to "Walk like an Egyptian" for 6 girls. They were so brave and creative and did such a great job. So much energy!
10. Living in a cool city and having a cool school to send my kids to. And lots of church steeples around. I also love that we can walk to dance class, the pizza place, to get a slurpee or a movie, or to the music store, or to get a haircut (I haven't tried that one yet though).
11. Planning fun trips to go on.
12. Teaching preschool to cute little 3 year olds. Last time we got to make space suits and JUMP to the moon and learn about the solar system, next time we get to learn letter X (marks the spot) and be pirates and find our treasure.
13. Days with no obligations, no where we HAVE to go, just do what we want :)
14. Having adorable little girls to hug everyday, even when they are grumpy or dramatic, which can be a lot!
15. Having a great husband who takes care of us all, and takes a whole day off work just to hang out at BYU with Aubrie for her science fair. Of course there was Creamery ice cream and cheeseburgers and garlic fries involved, and rockwall climbing, so don't feel too bad for him :)
16. Bethany's new smile and lisp, with both her front teeth missing. Pretty cute!

I could probably come up with 16 gripes now, but I'll stop there. If you feel like posting your own grateful list, that would be fun to read some others!

2 comments:

grandma blair said...

loved your list, you make every day special for everyone around you

Anna said...

I really liked your list. I need to do one, I seem to have more gripes than blessings. :)
and your list looks like a pretty awesome happy life. :)

Autumn

Summertime