Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Growing up too fast

So when I was a kid, and grown-ups would say, "time sure is flying by" or "you kids are sure growing up fast", I would just kind of smile to myself, or mentally roll my eyes, and just think they were exaggerating. But now that I have my own kids, and have wished several times that I could somehow make time stand still, and keep my kids small and in this moment, I realize they were right.
I think it was just last week that Abby was six, and her grandpa said, she'll be 12 soon, and then I blinked and here we are. She has 3 more months to be eleven! She has hit a growth spurt and is now a couple inches taller than her mother. She is becoming an experienced babysitter. She loves to perform her dances, and piano pieces at church. She won in the softball throw at her 1st local track meet. She is always creating something new with her hands, baking or taking pictures. She can also often be found climbing something or being very silly...


Alyssa can usually be found holding a baby at family parties. At home she is often reading or playing house for hours on end with her sisters or friends. This year she has been working hard at school and has the funnest teacher, and has also spent much of her time between dance, piano and choir. She did really well at her 1st track meet last week, winning in the 50 meter and 100 meter and qualified to go to the district level. This year she has also been losing teeth and had fun being in her school play. She's a great helper for mom.


Bethany is our little sweetheart. She loves to play and be with her friends. She has a very tender heart and loves to cuddle. She also loves the wii. You can count on Bethany to be cheerful and can usually find her playing with our dog Zoey. She loves her dance class and is becoming a good reader. She has had a great year at 1st grade with an awesome teacher and loves when mom comes to volunteer at her class.


As her grandpa puts it, Mayzie is 3 going on 14. This girl knows what she wants out of life each day and goes for it. She loves going to preschool and dance class. She loves playdates with her friends and riding her trike or scooter outside. She loves picking her own fashions and loves shopping with mom. Any kind of shopping, begs for it. Loves to read together. Loves to twist hair and loves animals and babies! Big helper in the kitchen. Is a new sunbeam in Primary this year :)


This really has been a great school year. I hate to see it end!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love your update! I can't believe Abby Is taller than you!!! They are so big, and so wonderful. I love how they are each their own person. Love them all! Thanks again and again for taking care of nala. :)

VJBlair said...

Cindy,
I loved reading this post. You are such a good mom and it really shows in your girls. They really are special.

Autumn

Summertime