Alyssa joined her school's running club this year, and has been so dedicated to it. They had about 100 kids join (almost 1/3 of the whole student body). They did their big 2 mile race on Friday (which I think is far for a 9 yr old!) at our nearby park. 93 kids participated, (the younger kids did a 1 mile race.) She ended up taking 2nd place for the 4th grade girls, and even beat all the 6th grade girls. We are so proud of her for doing her best and not giving up!
I thought it was cute they had the whole school come watch (it was during school hours) and cheer them on, along with teachers and parents. It was really fun to cheer the kids on. I was glad Dave came home early to watch too. On Monday they have an awards ceremony for the kids. Way to go Lyss!

2 comments:
GO LYSSA!!!
So proud of you Alyssa, keep it up and you will be a great part of the Davis high track team, when you move up here of course!!!
Post a Comment