Sometimes I miss being a teenager. Usually its when I've had a stressful day with crazy kids. But I sometimes miss how easy I had it. No money worries, just homework. Time and incentive to actually do my hair and make-up each day. I miss sitting on my porch with David and just hanging out and laughing. Sometimes we'd sneak in a kiss; I was always so worried about the neighbors seeing us (or my dad.) School, even college calculus, always came pretty easy for me, so all I had to worry about was fashion and friends, and trying to be good. And if I do say so myself, I was a pretty good teenager-never got into much trouble-maybe I was too old for my age or something? I remember thinking to myself, walking down the hall of my high-school, "Cindy you really have it good right now. You better enjoy this while you can."
But now that I've become a wife and a mom, all my weaknesses are staring me down each day. It is blatantly obvious to me what I need to improve on, although I'm sure there's new things to come down the road. God is gracious enough to not throw them all at me at once. But it's just so amazing how much kids can bring out the best of me and the worst of me, and I just hope I can get it to maybe a 80/20 ratio or so...I want them to have so many good memories. I want them to know how much love I have for them squeezed into my tiny heart, so they can carry that with them as they go out into the world each day. Being in this new family (10 yrs old is still new) has also taught me that I have to learn to love myself and find good in myself or I'm not going to be able to help my kids see that in themselves. Okay, enough mushy stuff. I guess I was able to listen and learn something at church today. Yeay!
So anyway, even if our days go by slowly, the years will eventually fly by and all that really matters is how you've treated the people in your life. So good luck! and family, I love you!
Summer Fridays, Vol 12.
13 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment