Dear Lord, because you have blessed me with four beautiful baby daughters, gratitude will last me for the rest of my days. Daughters are gifts of love, wisdom, patience, joy, beauty, forgiveness and eventually friendship and nurturing. My heart is full because they have filled up my life with meaning and purpose and belonging.
While spending a week at a hotel, we had a maid service that would come in and tidy everything up so magically while we were out and about each day. One day we slept in and were still there when the maid knocked at the door. Mayzie was so excited, and yelled "Yes! Let her in! I want to meet her!" April 2012
Bethany, during family prayer "And please bless all the poor homeless children who live on the street, and have to drink blood..." Kids are so random and hilarious. We gave a good effort, but ended up laughing out loud during the prayer. I asked her later about it, she said "Lyssa told me poor starving kids (in Ethiopia) have to drink bugs. I meant to say bugs."
"Mommy you are my bestest friend ever. Now can you get me some ice cream?" Mayzie 3
Three cute things Mayzie still mispronounces as a 3 yr old: Freech fries and part tarts (pop tarts) , and liberry for library :o)
Mayzie was going crazy on my chocolate chip cookies. I was telling her to slow down on eating so many. I said "Well actually, they are a little bit healthy because they have applesauce, and eggs and oats in them." Mayzie said, "Hmmm.....that's gross." As she finished off another cookie. 10/11/10
We had been talking about the things Jesus likes us to do lately. After seeing a recipe online with me, Mayzie said, "Mama we should make brownie cupcakes, they are so good and Jesus wants us to." Mayzie age 3, 10/8/10
Mayz- "Let's play 'Jesus'. I'll be Jesus in the sky. Mom you be that John guy from the scriptures ." Mom - "you mean John the Baptist?" Mayz-"Yes. And Daddy can be the lion and Aubrie can be the pumpkin." Mayzie age 3
My belly is too heavy to carry. I think I ate too much. (After a dinner of lasagna and brownies) - Bethany age 6
Mayz and I were out for a long walk yesterday. She got out of her stroller and was a few paces ahead of me when she strutted past a white truck with a couple of workers sitting in the front seat eating their lunch. She looked up into their window as she passed and yelled back to me, "Mama, he is naked!" He was chuckling when I passed by a couple seconds later. In his defense, he was wearing a tanktop. 5/18/2010
Mayzie: "Here mommy. I am giving you my pizza stickers." (Apparently her name for pepperonies)
After reading in family scriptures about Adam and Eve, and noticing they were naked in the garden, Alyssa: " Hey it's like they are in the shower all the time, except with no water."
After getting 2 new "boy" team- teachers in primary on Sunday, Bethany said "Hey, wouldn't that be cool if instead of 2 boy teachers I got one Hannah Montana teacher for my new class!?"
Mayzie has started replacing the phrase "let me" with "make me." i.e. "Mommy, make me eat a cookie."
Mayzie likes to surprise us with big words. "Maymay do you want some milk?", and she answers, "Actually, I want some juice."
Bethany: Mommy, when I was in timeout with Zoey, she just licked me and asked me what was wrong.
Bethany age 5: Mommy, did you know everytime I see your face I want to kiss it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment