Thursday, April 10, 2008

7 things about me-tagged by Misty

I really suck at these. But I will attempt to come up with something you might not already know...

1. I have a fear of aging. This started on my 12th birthday. I know, most kids are aching to get older and I was always dreading it. I loved being a kid. Turning 20 about did me in, I was no longer a kid! 30 was funner, since Dave gave me a surprise party, but still a little scary.


2. I'm good with numbers. Calculus came easy for me. When Dave and I were first married and we'd go shopping together, I'd add up the items in my head as we loaded them on to the conveyor belt and then quick throw in the tax and tell Dave the amount so we'd know if we were charged the right amounts. I was usually within a dollar. I don't worry about money so much now, and I'm usually too busy trying to keep little girls in line during checkout to do this anymore.3. I love being pregnant. I am not cursed with morning sickness and actually feel really good when I'm pregnant. I like having the round belly and I like getting a new wardrobe just to accommodate it. I can nap during the day and snack at night with minimal guilt. I love hearing that first heartbeat and watching them wiggle and kick in the ultrasound and imagine who they'll look like. And watching your shirt move on its own. And thinking up new names. And I really like losing 25 lbs in 2 weeks afterwards.








4. I love babies. I was never a baby hungry girl, but with each one I have I want one more. They are so sweet and fun to play with and our great grandma Heaton told me the more babies you have the more you want. I don't know if the mommies get better or if the babies get easier, but my 4th baby seemed like a breeze. However, our house and family are so full right now, 4 might just be the magic number for us.

5. I'm pretty darn good at doing the limbo. I won contests from elementary school up to college and even at Bethany's 2nd birthday party. Not really a useful talent however.








6. I love to travel and explore. I've been to Italy, England, Hawai'i, Caribbean (Jamaica), Mexico (Cozumel), Canada, all over the U.S. from D.C. to Nauvoo, IL to Disneyland, California. This is probably attributed to the fact that my parents took us lots of places growing up. I plan to go on many travels in the future as well, both with the kids and without.


7. I have lots of OCD's that I try to ignore, from handwashing and sanitizing, to checking locked doors and windows at night, worrying about what others think, the list goes on. As a kid, I used to count the letters in the words people would say as they were talking to me and I'd still manage to listen somehow. I've been able to stop my nail biting and mascara pulling, so I know it can be done. Dave puts up with me and loves me anyway.

I tag Lauren. :)

6 comments:

Anna said...

so fun Cindy. You did a great job. I wish pregnancy was fun for me. I like the end result though. :)
Counting letters while people talk? maybe you could count cards and make millions. :)

Michelle said...

I can barely listen when people are talking let alone count the number of letters in the words. WOW! I did not know that about you. You did a great job I didn't know most of those. :) Thanks for Sharing

Misty said...

You're so cute Cindy. Thanks for sharing!

lauren said...

Very cool. I want to go all those places. Calculus? Wow, I'm impressed!

Sally said...

That adding up thing at the checkout line is amazing! I am way, WAY off. Like sometimes $150 off at Costco. I'm always shocked and surprised at my totals. Wanna come shopping with me?

Mom B said...

Cindy it was so fun to read your 7 Things... I'm not surprised you are smart with numbers, or that you love babies and being pregnant. And what a darling mommy you have always been. The aging thing isn't too bad if you don't mind being in pain, blind and forgetful. Keep posting the pictures; they are so cute.

Autumn

Summertime