Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring Break '08

Thanks to some very generous neighbor friends of ours, we got to take our girls to their fun cabin this week for Spring break. We had a really good time. I'm not much for roughing it and this cabin had everything we needed.

Friday we went out on the lake in the boat, it was near 80 degrees, perfect boating weather. We had a picnic and Dave got to fish a bit and I got some cute photos of the girls. Dave and the girls built a cool firepit and so we got to hang out around the fire that night and he also took time to teach us all how to shoot targets with his BB gun. We all got pretty good. Abby even hit one 90 feet away.

It was most fun to just hang out and play games and watch movies. We also had a nice golden retriever show up one morning just in time to be in our family photos. The girls were so sad when dad helped it find its way home. By this time they had named him "Ruffy." Came back home to dreary weather tonight, but it's still good to be home. Despite the piles of laundry I have to do now...

3 comments:

grandma blair said...

Spring break looked like so much fun. I am so glad you got to go and have a good time. The boating looked great too.

Le said...

Looks like fun! your girls are adorable and look like they had a lot of fun.

Anna said...

very jealous of all your fun, although the thought of vacationing right now does not sound fun to me. :) I bet they'll remember their little trip forever. So fun

Autumn

Summertime