On my way home from picking up Bethy from preschool yesterday, I had to pull over to let a blaring firetruck and police car go by, only to find out they had ended up on my street. They had hit a gas line and filled our homes with natural gas, and I didn't have my purse with me so we went and hung out at the park. Beth and Mayz were hungry and luckily we had some emergency packs in the back that I could let them snack from.
They ended up blocking us out for 5 hours. Dave was nice enough to bring me his debit card so we could get lunch and do some errands. Abby and Lyss did their homework in our car, and they finally let us back in at 4pm. They'd gotten into our house and every door and window was wide open. Dave was mostly frustrated we had no way to make his chili recipe.
Well, he wasn't going to give up, so he showed up in the backyard with the scout's campstove and started cooking up his bacon, sausage, hamburger and onions. Our neighbors wondered what he was doing! By six pm they let us turn our stove on, so I got all the rest of the ingredients simmering in the kitchen, and even though we had to show up 1/2 hour late to the party, he was pot #14 and he won. It was a happy ending to our crazy day. :)







6 comments:
Congratulations David!!!
What a crazy crazy day. I love the picture of Mayzie looking out the window.
Lincoln is jealous of the excavator in your front yard. But that sounds like a very hard long day.
I think it sounds scary, I am so glad you were all safe!!
Way to go David, you will have to make it for one of our parties. Sounds yummy!!
Wow! If only you had had some relative close by so you could hang out at their house. They probably would have let you cook chili at their house.j/k:) Actually it's probably better since that's the day Lindy lost her voice. Congrats Dave! And thanks for not sharing with Dan.
What a Day!! But everyone loves a little adventure now and then.
I've seen better looking chili in Lady's bowl.
Le, if he shared with Dan, then you guys would be out on the street.
Post a Comment