Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Moosehorn lake

Last week we took our girls up into the Uintahs and spent a couple of days with their grandparents and some cousins. They were so nervous to go but ended up having lots of fun. (Except when Lyssa had to hike with Zoey.) It is really pretty up there, and I love going on little hikes with them. We saw moose, elk, chipmunks, fish and lots of deer. And grandma made delicious dutch oven peach cake with whip cream. Mayzie's favorite part was riding in the "boat." She would cry if we tried to take her out. And David got to help the kids catch fish.

The summer is flying by so fast. I am really enjoying the time with the girls and not having to rush them off to school. They do their chores and "schoolwork" each morning and then we have the rest of the day to play. We only have 5 weeks left of summer and lots of fun things left to do. My kids are excited for their cousins Moriah and little Delilah to come for a visit too. And Bethy asks me everyday, "Is today the day we are going to Lava???" Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Anna said...

it was so much fun, we were sad to leave so early. Looks like the boat was fun. :)

VJBlair said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I'm sorry we couldn't make it.

You are so on top of things to have them do chores and homework. I do great when school is in, but during the summer I can't get the kids to cooperate for anything.

Good job.

Autumn

Summertime