Monday, July 27, 2009

Sweltering July

July is flying by-which is fine. It can be hot and miserable. But that also means summer is slipping away. My kids have to start school in the middle of August, not at the end like when I was a kid. So we've been trying to do something fun each day; we've had lots of family parties and playing in the pool. The girls started swimming lessons today and did great. I love having it right in my neighborhood and we had the pool to ourselves for my 2 timid swimmers, Lyss and Beth.

We've also been staying inside more so the girls have been creative, and came up with a spa day for mom. Which included music, backrub, foot massage with lotion, toenails painted, and my hair done. Who needs an expensive spa when I've got sweet girls.


More fun pictures from July...


Bubble bath heaven

Bethy in my old "brownie" uniform



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love all the pictures. I want a spa day especially the way they did your hair :)

grandma blair said...

looks like you are getting all the fun in before school starts.
Love your pictures

Cindy said...

I'm sure the girls would love to give you a spa day too, Michelle!

Autumn

Summertime