Now We Are Six - A.A. Milne When I was one
I had just begun
When I was two
I was nearly new
When I was three
I was hardly me
When I was four
I was not much more
When I was five
I was just alive
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever;
so I think I'll be six now
for ever and ever
My baby Bethany is now big girl six. Six sounds so much older than five. She is such a fun little girl. So sweet. And a real tenderheart. Very sensitive and very forgiving and very dreamy and creative. Since she was a toddler, she could take any 2 objects and just start imagining and dialoguing. Loves making friends, and playing wii and riding her bike and reading stories and ballet and having fun at kindergarten.
Poor thing woke up to a beautiful sunshine birthday morning but still had a fever. She still opened her presents cheerfully, and didn't complain that night when mom and dad were helping run the ward party. She even performed in the "So you think you can dance" challenge. (Choreographed by Aubrie and a friend) ...
I had just begun
When I was two
I was nearly new
When I was three
I was hardly me
When I was four
I was not much more
When I was five
I was just alive
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever;
so I think I'll be six now
for ever and ever
My baby Bethany is now big girl six. Six sounds so much older than five. She is such a fun little girl. So sweet. And a real tenderheart. Very sensitive and very forgiving and very dreamy and creative. Since she was a toddler, she could take any 2 objects and just start imagining and dialoguing. Loves making friends, and playing wii and riding her bike and reading stories and ballet and having fun at kindergarten.
Poor thing woke up to a beautiful sunshine birthday morning but still had a fever. She still opened her presents cheerfully, and didn't complain that night when mom and dad were helping run the ward party. She even performed in the "So you think you can dance" challenge. (Choreographed by Aubrie and a friend) ...
![]() |
| A digital invite by Smilebox |
Friday was a no school day, so it was daddy's turn to take her out and when she came home we had a surprise party with her little friends waiting for her. I didn't think we'd ever top our Hannah Montana party we did in the fall for Alyssa, with a concert performance for the kids, but Bethany's "Neverland" party just might have. We had Lyssa dressed up as Princess Tiger Lily, who Captain Hook had kidnapped, and we had a message from Tinkerbell requesting help. All the girls made their cute little wings, and they had to earn courage and get past the crocodile swamp, and then we did a treasure hunt and found the key in the old chest to free the princess. They loved it and were all so well behaved and Bethy was smiling the whole party :)
That night we went swimming as a family, and had to drag the kids out of the pool, even after 2.5 hours of pool time. Pro: they all fell asleep on the way home. Con: My wedding diamond is now missing from my ring :( We think it came out in the water somehow.
Top that all off with a fun party with the Johnstuns on Saturday and with the Blairs on Sunday and you have one spoiled but happy girl. No middle child syndrome this week anyway. Thank you everyone for helping us give Bethy an especially fun birthday week. (Secretly I still wish she'd stay five though). Love you Bethany Kayla!





6 comments:
Bethy I have been thinking about you all last week. I am so happy you had such a fun birthday week.
Such a cute family!!
Cindy that is terrible about your ring!! I am so sorry!
What a cute poem... Bethany is such a sweet girl-its been fun to watch her grow in confidence. I miss teaching her:o) What a fun special birthday week for her.
They did awesome at the ward party. I am very biased because I love your girls, but the choreography was really good... I am sorry about your ring too. I lost the a band that matched my wedding ring and it took a while for me to not get teary. I think I ran it over with my vaccuum. Anyway, I understand. Hope you have a great weekend!
Loved all of the Birthday news, so glad Bethany had such a fun week. We love her so much. So sorry about your Diamond, I lost mine about 3 times, but found it somehow every time.
So so cute! She gets prettier every time I see her. I do not envy you when your girls start dating. Good luck with that :) You should be able to ask the pool people if you can look on the bottom of the pool or have them check their filter. So sorry...maybe you just need to get a bigger diamond now :)
A D O R A B L E!!! Loved it all. Bethy, such a lucky girl. Happy Birthday! Aubrie way to go on the choreographing, I think I see a future in this for you. Love the pictures and the fun.
Sorry about the ring. Sucks so bad. :( Will whoever made your ring replace it?
I can't believe she is 6 already - and what a doll. The video was so cute and the party sounds like so much fun. I'm SO sorry you lost your diamond. I feel your pain.
Post a Comment