Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh what do you do in the summertime...

I guess I am doing a blogging marathon catch up today. I realized I never posted some older ones from last day of school and so on, so sorry if the order is all messed up, you might have missed one. Also I think I'd like to make it private soon, but I want to figure out the cool way to do that so it still shows up on the reader when I post.
Anyway so this is what we've been doing with our summer break so far:

Swimming lessons


Red Butte Gardens: kids liked the Children's garden and the Monday night show (Taiko drumming) and outdoor picnic. Really cool place, especially since we got in free :)


Went to see RIO with Grandma Blair, the kids liked it :) And they got to sleepover there a couple nights and play with cousins.

Aubrie and Lyss did a summer camp for kids. We've done 2 days so far, pretty fun for the kiddos! They did story time and crafts and dance and games and snacks :) They liked making a little money too.


Track meets:


Dance Recital:


Parks, Picnics, Carnival, Lemonade stands, Zoo, mini golf


fishing with Dad


Slip n' slide, backyard pool, Father's Day






Geocaching to find a treasure


And more swimming



Which is also fun when I can actually relax and keep my eye on them at the same time.

We also got to go swimming at the Legacy center with Kim and Jeff's family, no pics, but lots of fun there too.

Fish funeral; Lyssa's fish died. Flower petals and pictures, not my idea. We still have 4 goldfish.



Anyway, we are having lots of fun so far. The kids have been good to keep up on their school packets and chores, and piano, and we are going to be reading lots! and visiting the library a lot too. And lazy summer evenings are the best. We still have a lot more planned coming up. I really like summer! :)

1 comment:

red said...

You're such a fun Mom. glad you guys are enjoying your summer!

Autumn

Summertime